My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Women's’ Territory

I have been pondering and comparing a dogs behavior to that of a Woman in love. It strikes my curiosity why a little dog such as IMG00046-20100622-1734Bella who is so harmless would feel the need to mark up the house with scent or roll in pooh? I give her so much attention loving her constantly without her asking for it, keeping a daily routine for her so she feels secure. Damn it I ask you what is it, and how do I break her of this bad habit. When the Grandbabies came to stay a few hours alone with me, rolled in pooh. Was she telling me you aren’t giving me attention and you are loving the babies too much. So take that. Compare this to Siblings or a child being ignored. The sibling will lash out at another for no reason at all or spitefully take their favorite toy just to get attention. Negative attention is better than none. I tried to give me children equal attention but I know they didn’t always feel it was divided equal. The marking of territory, insecurity maybe? Has this little dog been in too many homes? Did the little children she lived with threaten her daily with bother? She is telling this big dog Cole who comes to visit, I live here, this is my yard and my owner. I had dibbs first. This is my favorite place to lay, this is where I eat so stay away. Down goes the scent, another yellow spot. I compare this to a Woman who feels insecure most of the times in her relationship because she is insecure herself. I have been there. How funny would it have been if I marked my husbands leg with scent to keep the young pretty girls from talking to him. I often felt unworthy of my Husband and just knew he would leave if the right young, smarter, more successful woman came along. To be able to mark our territory, how would we do it? The only option we have is to constantly keep tabs on our Men. Be at all functions we can and keep a tight grip on his arm when in public or at functions. Above all let everyone know how happy and how much fun you and your Man have together. Articles I have read about this behavior say in time as the dog gets older this behavior will subside. This is true for women, for I feel ever so secure with myself now, that if The Man were to take up with another I know it wouldn’t be because I wasn’t pretty enough, smart enough, or sexually charged enough. So be it if it were to happen, it would be because of issues of his own and this I can not own as mine. Our relationship is great in our golden days and I do not worry at all about this taking place. He is as secure with us as I am, he shows me this regularly with his daily routines, open communication and generosity.IMG00045-20100622-1734
I am watching you to make sure you are not leaving again.
Now we just need to work on the dogs insecurities, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment