My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Season Begins

It was only a matter of time before that dreaded phone call or face to face conversation came. Now “Mrs.. Tailor maybe instead of you making a 15 mile trip daily to pick up work from us, we may want to go back to the original schedule of 3 days a week. I really would hate for you to arrive only to find I  have one piece of work for you.” Nice to receive the phone call seeing what the price of a gallon of gas is these days, but darn it. Probably wasn’t a good idea to sabotage the job interview I interviewhad for an hourly paid job 2 weeks ago.  I didn’t do it on purpose, being a salesman I didn’t sell myself well and answered question without vigor. “We are making t-shirt quilts do you know about these?” I respond, “yes I do, but have never had the desire to make one, but I am sure I can.” really how hard is it to make a simple t-shirt quilt. My favorite and knew when leaving the interview I would not be given the job. “So what do you think? Is this something you would like to do?” I respond “It is worth giving a try, I am interested in making a steady paycheck, for me it really isn’t about the benefits and I would like to not always be at my job.” Okayyyy then!! Could I have said anything worse or tried to be less enthusiastic about being given the job opportunity? It really wasn’t the right fit for me. Benefits: I would always know I would be paid a certain amount weekly. With guaranteed two days off.exceed expectationsI wasn’t adventurous enough and exceed their expectations with the knowledge I own of the end and outs of sewing. Or maybe I did. I would like to tell myself it wasn’t what I did or did not say in the interview. It may have been I was over qualified for blind assembly, this is what they would be having me help with. The interview pretense was making drapery,drapery  is not the bread and butter of this company.
I will carry on, the season of slow down does not last forever. I will find other ways of making moolah. New add needs to be posted. Shops online need to be filled taking up down time by creating product needed. Pedal (selling myself) myself to other shops for contract work and hope they will hire me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow is a new day who knows what next week holds.
(Mrs. Tailor someone is on vacation and we have a work overload. By the way it is due tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment