My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wardrobe Dilemma

Today was a grueling day trying to find something to wear. I really don’t leave my house to go off to the office, for the office or should I say workroom is in my house. I could stay in my pajamas’ if I so choose. I do leave the house once a day where people might see me. The fitter doesn’t really care what I am wearing when I come for the delivery/pickup. I shower before 10:00am daily whether I leave the house or not, even if I am only cleaning the house for the day. I start out looking my best. This would always bring questions from my Children of where I was going. I would respond with “nowhere, I believe if you look good you feel good therefore being the most productive you can be for you are fresh and ready to go.” After changing my clothes 3 times I finally figured out which outfit I could be comfortable in for the rest of the day, and feel good about the way I was presenting myself. That is until this evening when I most definitely will change again into what I call my comfy clothes. Comfy clothes consist of T-shirt, knit pull on pants, and no brassiere. Ahhh! Comfort.

The day started out with a leopard print knit dress I wore only once back in October 09. Fit then, seems to fit different today.. Off it came two hours later. Tried on a more casual look consisting of blue jeans and a grey pull over with hot pink Vans. Off it came 1 hour later, just wasn’t feeling the look, oh to casual as if I should be doing heavy cleaning donning my oldest clothes as not to destroy them. Final look I felt good in, A brightly colored peasant shirt half tucked in, same jeans, bronze belt and shoes to match. Okay, now this works for me casual yet pulled together summer chic.

Moral of story: It truly is time to sew some clothes, funds are tight and stores do not stock many things that will fit this pear shaped body correctly. Yes this is the shape my menopausal body is taking on. I have taken the time to pull together fabrics and patterns to be prepared for this task. I think I will start with this look, first crossing my fingers the pant pattern doesn’t give me too much grief and the outcome is what I desire in the fit of a pair of slacks.Knowing I will need to alter pattern first before cutting. 

It will be a late night in the workroom until a new look emerges! Back to yesteryears of my teenage days. Nothing to wear, I’ll just make something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment