My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Monday, June 28, 2010

Letters Overseas

Sunday, after having breakfast and readying myself for the day, I took a few moments to write the letter I had promised to my Soldier Son. I didn’t stop at just writing a letter, I also took the time to enclose a menagerie of photos. Some of new events not attended by Soldier Son and a few of moments shared with him. Looking back on the good times will either make him smile or make him even sadder. I hope the first, but fear the last. Letter writing can be hard to do when there is only so much going on in ones life. Most days it is SSDD, this is how my Soldier Son describes his days. I had to ask what this stood for, not being able to decipher, all the while feeling stupid. He informed me it meant Same Shit Different Day. Civilians live the same life daily. We get up go to the same ole job doing the same ole stuff. The only difference we are surrounded by beauty instead of sand and heat and a uniform community. We have our free will to call anyone we want whenever we feel like it, and above all we are comfortable. These things we take for granted. Getting on with the point. Since my days are mostly SSDD, I don’t know how many words I can send to Soldier Son in a letter. A light bulb went off in my head. Something that takes just a few lines and will do the same (giving mail to a Soldier overseas) a POSTCARD. Brilliant, right? Now what type of postcard will I send that will be memorable? I got it. Pin up girls. Where have the pinup girls gone to? Who would be a pinup girl today for our Soldiers? Why aren’t there pinup girls of today? Someone needs to do this in Hollywood. Many try who aren’t stars, but it did start with the stars of the l950’s. pin up girl jane russell Jane Russell is one, Betty Grable very popular and many more. I looked for pictures of pinup girls and found many. There are anima(Japanese animation) he would find this funny I think, and there were some not true pinup. Showing a bit much.pin up girl 4 blog distasteful  Really nice booty though. So now I have the idea for my postcards. Some will be of home grown photos. All in all these will be short and sweet, he won’t get bored reading what he would probably tune out if the conversation were happening at home with him present. I am so excited to send him mail, now to Kinkos for printable postcard material.

No comments:

Post a Comment