My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Trust in Creativity

cutting fabricThe California Wedding is less than 2 months away. Cali Girl is planning on a visit Labor Day weekend. I am so stoked to have her home once again and the visit is so necessary for finalization of her wedding gown. After a long talk, via a phone conversation I was able to convey to my beauty the wedding gown I have envisioned for her big day. Cali Girl had called to say maybe she should purchase a dress instead, of me creating one, for she believed I was feeling stressed and a bit overwhelmed. This really wasn’t true. The dress she tried on which made her cry cost 2800 dollars but was marked down from this price and she could possibly purchase it for 1800. I do not have this money. She realizes this but wanted to alleviate some of the stress she believed I was having. The stress I was feeling happened out of having no plans for beginning.  I wish I had been able to be with my girl when she was trying on wedding gowns, it would have been easier to keep her focused on what was feasible for me to do, and a reminder of the reason for trying on different styles of gowns. This was an event that took place with my Eldest Daughter. We went to the bridal shops for try ons to narrow down the perfect style for her body when she was planning her big day. Once that was settled on and she told me the colors she wanted for her gown, she pretty much let go of the reigns and away I went. Since I was unable to be with Cali Girl on such an exciting trip that should have been shared between a Mother and Daughter I relied on her oldest sibling to help her out. The Eldest had taken a vacation to visit Cali Girl, sad to say this trip to the bridal shops did not fair well. I was not there, who knows really why things happened as they did, ones own perspective is different from your own. There are times you wish for wealth so you are able to fulfill the dreams of having this perfect already constructed gown that brought tears to a child who needs to be able to see it feel it and try it on and being able to give it to them.  I can only rely on my talents while realizing along the way I have certain limitations. Some of the imitations often are created by lack of available materials to the layman. Maybe there are others wishing for better suppliers in town who are more diversified. Supply and fabric stores have gone the way of crafts. I had banked on special ordering fabrics and lace a year ago. I am kicking myself in the rear for not buying at that time, for the store no longer has this option. Thank You so much JoAnn Fabrics (I say with a hint of sarcasm.)

My phone conversation with Cali Girl lasted for about an hour. Thank goodness she had at hand the same wedding magazine I had purchased and the style of the gown (via pattern sent with the Eldest) at her disposal.  I, threw out page numbers of floral designs I plan on creating for the bodice of the gown made from fabrics of the dress, encrusted with plenty of bling, simple bling throughout the bodice fading down to the hip line. Cali Girl tossed out page numbers as well of her vision, and how she wanted the back of the dress to appear as she is walking down the aisle, not straight across, but a v back. She then found a picture of a ribbon bow she wanted at the waist. No belt Mom, she informed me just this beautiful satin waist trim. It isn’t really a ribbon but is made from fabric giving this bow fullness. The train of the dress will still be detachable, but will appear to be a part of the dress. By the end of our phone conversation things became clearer and her fears of the unknown had been lifted. Cali Girl gave way to the fabric I have chosen and has now put her full trust in me. Having made plenty a Prom dress for her to wear and her loving them all she feels safe and sure now, having a clearer vision, she realizes she will have a one of a kind, created by Mother and Daughter, never to be had by another, A  Wedding Gown many would Dream of having.

LET THE CREATING AND SEWING BEGIN. Labor Day is just around the corner.Before you know it time will fly by. clock with wings

No comments:

Post a Comment