My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Compromising

bridal train When trying to plan an event and the people involve are larger than life in their own way. Do you compromise the way you would like your event to be? The difficulties of separation of Family also becomes ever more apparent as well. You have the day of a lifetime all planned out to a tee. This vision is one most of us start planning from a young age. We all dressed our Barbie's in gowns and walked Barbie down the aisle to marry Ken. I did, did you? For your big day you already have in mind the styles of clothing you would like, the cake of your dreams you want, the flowers you love, and where you have always envisioned your big event would take place. Do you stand fast with these visions? Do you allow others to sway you in any way? At times you must. It becomes so overwhelming with all entities involved, you just get tired and broken down from all the chatter and wants of others who may be involved. Others opinions can be a strong force. So now the ones so far away jump on board and rethink and go to plan B. Till the day the big event takes place there will be many a compromise to be had. The ones who know and love you the most will stand the course jump on board and ride your ride till the end, going with the ebb and flow of things. As I have always said to my Family, just go with the flow and you will enjoy life. Control what you can for plans can often change on a dime. Don’t sweat the small stuff. I will help in anyway I can and stand behind each and every decision set forth. For I am the Mom who supports what may occur with any child of mine born. With a support system in play the day will come together without a hitch.

Learning to compromise is so important for us all. A little give and take helps all relationships stand the test of time. Marriages often falter because of too little give. I find it is important as well to learn a key point to any relationship whether it be a spouse, your child, friend or sibling, pick your battles wisely. The strength of a relationship without constant struggle will survive if the struggles are kept to a minimum. I like to believe this is why I still love the Man in my life of 24 years and know we will go forward together to the end of our days here on this earth. Ladies be happy with you and everything you do for only you can make you happy, not our spouse, boyfriend or siblings.

In closing: Stay true to you, Pick your battles, Learn compromise, You will survive.woam we can do it

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I really enjoyed this post. It is so true to the situation I have been in lately, ha. Weddings, I have found, are rarely for the bride- instead for everyone else.

    Learning to put my foot down is hard, we all try to avoid being the "bridezilla", but it is OUR day, right? =)

    Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete