My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Started

We are up and running now. Instead of making a trip to my hometown Indiana for a visit I chose to stay behind. I stayed in the workroom until 12:00am going over pattern pieces, cutting and altering along with cutting muslins for fit.This can be the first step in ending with the proper fit and suggested when working with styles and fabric that do not take kindly to alterations after garments are constructed. I am a firm believer, if it is a custom garment, alterations should not be neccessary and should be performed along the way. However this does become difficult when, "Oh" let's say, a Bride lives 2300 miles away. In this case I will construct the gown leaving key components basted together making it easier to tweek wherever the gown may need more shape when the Bride arrives home Labor day weekend. The Bride will want more of a close to finished gown versus just a muslin. I too want this. .

The Bride and her younger sister are close to the same size, but with a little different shape. She so could be a fit model, she has the correct measurements for the job. So this will come in handy fitting a muslin to her before cutting the Bridal fabric. Silk duiponi isn't always forgiveable if letting out is needed. I am so ready and excited about cutting the final fabric. Tonight dinner plans have been made along with fittings on the Brides youngest (Maid of Honor) sister and older sister (first Bridesmaid).

So Mother Dear Please forgive me for not visiting this weekend in Indiana. September 3rd is just around the bend. The sewing has only now just began. The time alone without the Man was needed.

2 comments:

  1. Getting super excited!!!! They look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pumped! Too bad you don't have three dress forms to show the bride's top. It is a great shape too!

    ReplyDelete