My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Monday, August 16, 2010

Outcome of

persistance If I am good at only one thing that would be the ability to stay persistent. Whenever I am able to communicate with Soldier Son I find myself asking again and again. “Should I book your ticket for the Cali Wedding?” His answer is always no, but his e-mails at times and phone conversations do teeter on the possibility of yes. I understand his reluctance, just a little. But darn it, I am selfish and want you with us on this special occasion representing Family and Country. So every time we speak until it is too late and too costly my Soldier Son will most likely her me ask this question. Should I book your ticket to San Diego?

When the children were of a young age, they would often ask me over and over the same question I had already given a no to. Their hopes were, they might just break me into saying yes so I would no longer have to hear them ask again the same tiresome question. Begging and pleading worked with my Mother. It rarely, I must admit worked with me as a Mother. Grounding was eminent if they persisted. So I must tread lightly with asking over and over and make a joke of it. I don’t want to alienate Soldier Son and cause him to become angry with me. He just may punish me with withdrawal and a no show when his leave back to the states comes due. I say this in jest. I think he knows I only have good intentions and want the whole Family present and accounted for. Being persistent gets us through the most trying times in our lives, a job that seems impossible with a time consuming task. Persistence and tenacity brings it to an end with great rewards of accomplishment. So I hope with persistence, since convincing with reasons of importance isn’t working, maybe, just maybe I will wear him down. It is though highly likely NO for he is a10221_1211331479687_1120761815_30654555_2009846_n stubborn one.

Wish Me Luck in prevailing. For I am tenacious.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                             Say What!!

No comments:

Post a Comment