My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Monday, August 2, 2010

In Memory Of


Saturday happened to be July 31, 2010. This was the day Mrs. Muriel Casassa was born and named Muriel Louise Hansen. I can’t recall how many years it has actually been since this wonderful Woman I had the pleasure of knowing and calling my Mother in Law past away.Not only was she a wonderful Mother in Law she was a terrific Grandmother. She was fun with the children, taught them funny things, played games often with the children, kept them busy, and entertained. When telling the kids we were going to visit Grandma for the weekend they would asked me, “are we going to see White haired Grandma?” That is how they saw her in the short time they knew her. She had the deepest tan and the whitest hair. Just amazingly beautiful. The children songs she sang to the kids were so much fun and funny. What a sense of humor she had. The Grandma I have become is similar in many ways. Thanks to watching her with the kids, I know how to be one. I sing the same songs, teach the same children games, at least the songs I can remember, and teach them to do silly things. Grandbabies are, oh so much fun, the love they return warms the Heart.
IMG_0136I realized while working what the date happened to be and thought about my Mother in Law, telling myself to remind her only Son and my Husband what day it was. Mrs. Casassas’ passing was very hard on her spouse and we are always mindful of reaching out to him on this day. The hours pass and the date did slip my mind, until Teacher Daughter had joined us for dinner that evening and mentioned the date. “Dad she asked have you talked to Grandpa?” He had forgotten the date and reassured her he would contact him later that evening in order to be certain Grandpa wasn’t too depressed. It was so hard on him, that for 2 years in a row he gathered friends and family  to celebrate the day Muriel had been born. It was a little awkward and out of the normal but we were all present and counted for because of the love and kindness recieved from them. We came together in support of a Man who no longer felt whole because of this loss. Rally the troops if you will and help lift a tormented Man up. His life will no longer exist as he knew it to be. For many years his conversations would be about the love he lost and how it should have been him. Most times choaking up while telling his stories of the life he once had. I am not sure why this Family event did not continue on but it was nice seeing everyone together. The Famiiy has grown since last together. Some have married and babies have been born.
 So dinner with Teacher Daughter came to an end, she went home and The Man went to fetch us some dessert. While doing this his eyes were struck by a vision, a subconscious memory. He did not realize this at the time. He made his purchases and home he came. When the Man came thru the door I greeted him and he said I have something for you. From behind his back came a small bouquet of flowers. I said “Wow, yellow roses.” he said “I know they seemed to be calling out to me to get them for you.” You see for as many years as were possible Mr. Casassa gave Muriel a dozen yellow roses every year for her birthday. The Man, my Husband, said as he was driving home and holding the yellow roses for safety, that is when it hit him they were yellow roses, and it was his Mother shining a light on him and guiding him to show me his love on this day. That is how he described it, they were shining a brilliance of light beckoning me to buy them. (Got a little teary eyed as I typed this.) For what ever reason, I love the Yellow Roses.  I myself have often seen signs off and on for years telling me Muriel, my Mother in Law is watching and guiding us on our Journeys in this Life. Hold Dear and cherish your life and your loved ones, for some day all we may have of them are only our Memories.                        .
                                                                                                                   melinis knit dress quinlan 057 In Your Memory We Celebrate You

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, as it brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful woman she was. You are so amazing, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story about the yellow roses! I often feel too that there are signs of her presence around, especially in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete