My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Choosing the Right One

Planning a wedding when the bride is 2300 miles away is very difficult. There is something to be said when you have the whole wedding party close at hand. Meetings are set in order to ensure everyone is on the same page in order to  have a meeting of the minds. I find myself becoming so confused.  I do not know where to start. This typically is not my way. Choices, choices, choices. What is the idea bridesmaid dress? Should I make it from the Duiponi silk I love or should I stick to the old bridal fabric standards that so many bridesmaid dresses are constructed  of. I think I have homed in on the design for the Maid of Honor it is similar to the styles of late I have been altering for other dresses, and the first Bridesmaid was very specific of the style she wanted so that was a piece of cake. Now I just need to create the muslin for her dress, for she generally needs adjustments somewhere on the top. You see, the Maid of Honor and the first Bridesmaid in line are my Daughters and I have made many a Prom dress for both.

Guidance Please, would you give me some? The Cali wedding happening October 9th is only a few months away. I have so much down time at the moment with work it is the perfect time to get going. Did I mention the wedding dress? What will I do there? Cali girl sent a picture of a dress she tried on and cried over because of its’ beauty. I am sad to say, the dress is beyond my capabilities due to the time constraint and materials at hand. What to do? Cali girl has dreamed of me creating her gown for as long as I can remember and now I have found my limitations and I am feeling a bit inadequate. A fully beaded gown in less than 2 months isn’t possible, lace, at least beautiful lace isn’t accessible. I look and search often for the right patterns and design and I redesign in my head, that it is slowly bringing me down. The dress  I know I can make beautiful with hand made flowers with Austrian crystal centers and a touch of beading thru out the bodice has not brought a response. A little tweaking and a fewwedding%20dresses%200007 modifications, for instance, shirring (roucheing) gone, skirt made out of this satin and not bubbled, replaced with sheer layers, hand worked flowers would adorn the bodice down to the waist, the edge of the hip line a little trim with bling. A skinny rhinestone belt would hold a detachable train giving this wedding dress the best of both worlds. A train for the wedding and a dress after, that doesn’t need bustling and the dress will less likely be ruined from dragging the ground, or stepped on by guest. Bustling often does not stay attached and hiding it within the garment even trickier. I see the outcome and the possibilities of this style, conveying it to someone who needs to see the finished product and try it on first is very difficult. Should it be made out of bridal satin or duipioni silk? I say the silk, I love the slight rawness of the fabric and the sense of luxury for this fabric is not inexpensive and suits an outdoors wedding so perfectly. Beach pictures perfect for the design I have in mind. Simple was the original plan. I want my Daughter to have the dress of her dreams. What is the cost of the dress that made you cry? Is this the way we should go? I just don’t know.  

This blog post is my way of clearing my head for it is spinning.swirling I am slowly sinking and becoming depressed and beside myself. HELP!!!! I can’t imagine how Cali Girl is feeling if I, so far away from the planning am feeling overwhelmed. How overwhelmed is Cali Girl? I am sure it is 10 times worst. Not to have your Mother handy helping and confirming along the way the choices are spectacular must be 100 times worst. I know soon the bright light will go off and decisions will be made, hopefully by the end of the week. For now, I have my fabric, closing in on the style. Start here first, I guess. Give the final decisions a deadline and the way will be paved clear. Without Deadlines PROCRASTINATION becomes an enemy and our DOWNFALL. The wedding in waiting will not be brought down, for the times they are a changing, not withstanding.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe this was a crazy post mom! I loved it, it was like a look into your brain gears. They are jammed.

    ReplyDelete