My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Art of Pressure

The end of April the pot began to boil briskly. It was in the final count down days of College Girls Senior show with wall hangings to finish for exhibition. With this said it also became Prom season. Tailor shops become overwhelmed and reach out to the back up help they employ. Mah!!  This was just the start of non stop work and helping others out of jams. There were days filled with silks flying, cutting table being used graduations and show 2010 kt 012by two instead of one. I was glad for the company but sad I could not give undivided help where needed but only instruction from behind my work at hand. College Girl became very knowledgeable with the ends and outs of the operation of a sewing machine and the layout of fabrics for semi quilted wall hangings to present as pieces of art with many details.graduations and show 2010 kt 016 The outcome was Fabulous and the most colorful and creative piece of works in the whole show. She should never doubt her talent or eye for art, for she truly has a gift and with years of practice she will find the technique she enjoys the best. I am flattered that my youngest daughter chose this medium for her show. I am very proud of the tenacity she had in finishing three pieces that required sewing. She never threw in the towel when things became rough or seemed unobtainable with dead lines closing in around her and pressure becoming overwhelming to finish in a technique she knew very little about.

BRAVO to you my Darling Daughter I stand and applaud you. 

graduations and show 2010 kt 046graduations and show 2010 kt 047graduations and show 2010 kt 048  

The Final Show

 

and the beginning of being on the Maypole.

1 comment:

  1. :) :) :)
    What a lovely thing to say. I love these wall hangings mostly because it reminds me of the fun I had working with you on finishing them. I really did gain some major sewing machine skills.
    World here i Come!

    ReplyDelete