My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Gracious Daughter

 

My Saturday evening started with my # One Daughter calling me for a girls night. This meaning, A night with her and the Grandbabies. She proceeded by telling me she would like to take me shopping. I thought hummm, I told her the thought was very kind and asked if it was intended as an early Mothers Day gift? She replied “No Mom I want to buy you some new clothes.” I said “That is very generous I don’t think I can let you do that. You should hang on to your money for you and your Family.” She said “Mom let me do this. You need new clothes and you are unable now to buy these things for yourself. Whenever I was in a jam and needed new clothes you were there for me.”  I dug down deep to find Humility to except my Daughters offer. Believe me it was very tough. As a Mom you take gifts on your Birthday and other Occasional Holidays and even then if you receive nothing it is okay because I am the giver rarely the taker. She said to me “We will go anywhere you like and it does not matter what the cost.” Off to the mall we went. The shopping was great and I still went straight to the clearance rack and had The Man pitch in as well. For I excepted her kind gift but wanted to minimize the cost.She has her own Family to raise now.  Tried out a new store and visited my old standards.What ever else I may need there is my Gift from God to   fall back on and a closet fabric and sewing scissorsfull of Fabric.

Thank You Darling Daughter this was a special treat I Love you.

fabric i love u

No comments:

Post a Comment