My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Holiday Weekend

workers labor day Labor Day weekend. A weekend full of Family and Fun. Company from as far as 2300 miles away and as little as 200 miles away came to celebrate several functions this past weekend. I know I learned why we celebrate labor day weekend in school as a child, but when you become my age this information gets shoved in a corner of the brain making room for today's’ information. Wiki my dear friend of info why is it we celebrate this day? Labor Day was first celebrated in 1882 by labor workers, then became a federal Holiday in 1894, one of the quickest passing of a Holiday by Congress after a union strike had gone horribly wrong and workers were subsequently killed by the military and US Marshalls. This was the Pullman Act. Today this Holiday is regarded by citizens of the US as a day of rest and parties. Did you rest this past weekend? In the past I pretty much rested over this Holiday weekend doing the things I needed to do or just nothing at all. Now I have a Grandchild born Sept.1 and the long weekend gives us the opportunity to celebrate her Birthday in grand style allowing those out of State a reason to visit. My weekend began Friday with Cali girl flying into town, airport, lunch, shopping, home for the wedding dress fitting. What fun! Time to see my handy work. Cali girl was alot thinner than last I saw her. lolas 3rd bday and wedding stuff 007

Thank goodness I did not complete the dress, this makes the alterations needed easier, with less work of tearing apart a completed garment. Later that evening it was time for my next task, a cake was needed for this beautiful child turning 3. Mamo had promised her a Barbie cake, so a Barbie cake is what she will have. Shopping for these supplies along with Bday gifts, then the real fun began, I even tried my hand at homemade frosting for the decorating of the cake. This frosting is more stable than a tub frosting which most often is a bit thin. Cakes baked earlier in the day, decorating did not begin till almost 9:00pm that evening, What I believed would work for Barbie's skirt was giving me such a trying time that Cali Girl U-tubed this info and we watched a video of how to. This was very helpful along with an extra pair of hands to drape the fondant around Barbie. A good reason for a laptop, don’t you think? How to videos where and when you need them, in the room your working in. Will this wash with the Man for purchasing one? Probably not. Finally finished and it is 2:00am. I had to rise the next morning before 7:00am for I was working for the fitter at the http://drycleaningstationcolumbus the next day, the fitter had taken a vacation to New Jersey to attend a wedding. She is getting a weekend of rest from labor, as she will be entertained instead of vice a versa. Running on empty, I was able to find my second wind somewhere and off to the park we went to celebrate our Princess Lola. It was a lovely day, not too hot just a little windy, the cake was a hit with disbelief form others who were not Family that I was capable of making such a beautiful cake, then questions were followed by asking if I would do this for others. I enjoy making these cakes for my loved ones and fear that doing this as a business I would not be as inspired or be able to command the price needed to make a fully decorated cake for others.  The flaws I see  would also become  evident too  by a paying client. Something to consider though as a paying job in the future. The Park and Grandbabies were fun. A surprise guest for Cali Girl made an appearance and Lola was showered with gifts as a true Princess should be. Cake was had by all. The only Drama happened during our Goodbyes to the grandbabies.An apology due to the young lady from me who treated my Mother in an unintentionally rude manner causing me to speak out and give hear a what for. Wasn’t my place to do this and I should have spoken to the teenagers Mother personally myself for her Brother is my Son in Law. Life goes on, over with forgotten with the weekend continuing, and little rest for a Bridal Shower is planned for the following day.lolas 3rd bday and wedding stuff 031  We had our cake and we ate it too!!!

Sunday celebration to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment