My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dog Gone It

pull my tail I do not suggest doing this. Who would have known what would happen if you were to grab a dog by the tail? My lovely Bella, a small dog who follows commands  tried a great escape last night. I rewind her attempt and my reaction to it over and over again. The Grandbabies came to visit which at times brings out a little jealousy in Bella and she may at times forget her manners. She is a little dog, part Pomeranian and possibly Papillion. The sweetest little thing to me. As it became time for the grandbabies to head home I made the mistake of letting the oldest who is three open the front door on her own. She was taking way to long to exit the door in turn standing with it open. The door wasn’t opened wide but wide enough, as everyone else approached the open door to exit, seeing the babies to the car, Bella saw an opening and dashed to make her great escape. I was just about to step out the door and to my surprise and quick thinking  grabbed her by the tail. Now everyone paralyzed stood there in the way, not attempting to help or open the door wider for me to scoop her up and bring her back inside. What the heck, help me. I was not in the mood  to chase Bella down while she explored the scents of the neighborhood trying to be  ever so patient in coaxing her back home. This has occurred a few times and can be very annoying. She knows her command of stay and will obey every time. As I have Bella by the tail she begins to flip her body like a crocodile trying to get loose. Next, to everyone's surprise a horrendous odor and squirting happens from her hind end. Yucky what is that? Bella retrieved and remnants of this horrific odor remain. The babies will need a bath after all and Bella too. Great this is not what I wanted to do on a Friday evening but I guess this was my just dues. I had been after all intending to bathe Bella, she wasn’t dirty but no longer felt as fluffy as she could be. Bathing it is and Bella you will also endure a hair trimming from head to tail. In the future no one will exit the front door until Bella fully understands this is not your opportunity to walk yourself, something I really need to make a better habit of doing. She doesn’t get out much and loves to go on walks, my hesitation of walking her, she always takes a poo even when I walk her in the street. With all said and done, I believe the odor quite possibly came from her you know what glands little dogs have, that on occasion need milked, I think this is the term.  I had just mentioned this earlier in the week to the Man after watching her scratch her you know what on the carpet and then sniff the behind. So I guess inadvertently this has been rectified. Haha! I do realize I could have done great damage in grabbing Bella by the tail, like dislocation or even broken it off. So word to the wise let the dog run, the tail is not the answer for restraining the pet you love.kts graduation 514 It’s all good and Bella has forgiven me and knows she was a very Bad Girl!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment