My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Plucked and shaved

How nice it is to take the time and do those hygiene task we often put off. Like waxing the eyebrows and shaving off the peach fuzz you have forgotten about. Yes I said it, shaving the peach fuzz off the face. It has often been said and believed that if a woman shaved her face the hair would grow back thicker and darker and quite possibly end up with the facial hair of a man. Becoming something only to be found as a side how in the circus.bearded lady cartoon  I am here to say this is a wives tell and only possible if a woman has an abnormal level of testosterone, if this was the case I would already be sporting dark facial hair. Caroline of the New Jersey housewives says this as well. She has admitted to shaving her face as I am now. I had always noticed the heavy peach fuzz on my Mothers face and often wonder why it didn’t bother her. I could see it clearly why didn’t she just get rid of it? Probably because of the wives tell. I also wondered where my Mothers’ eyebrows had gone. Her eyebrows are very light and scarcely can be seen. I noticed years ago how my foundation just wasn’t going on evenly and had different shades in different areas. Taking a closer look I concluded it was getting stuck in the heavy peach fuzz I was beginning to develop on my face. Oh no, this haves to go. Out with the razor and the peach fuzz began to fly, literally. Voila, smooth, child like skin and even application of foundation. As I aged I also noticed the eye shadow did not lay evenly on the eyelid creating a variance in blending. Why was this? Conclusion, I now had grey fine hair growing on the lid too minute to pluck. My hair stylist started waxing this area along with the brow and this was the correction I needed. I now wax my eyebrows myself saving dollars keeping up with an area that tends to grow fast. I have contemplated shaving of the forearm but this upkeep may be too much and become bristly with growth. This area shaved doesn’t look natural to me. After all is said and done, I stood close to the mirror to look at my accomplishment and the outcome, after choosing my wardrobe for the day, and I think to myself what wonders had just appeared. I look ten years younger, with the exfoliation of shaving and waxing of eyebrows, why do I not maintain this, for today I feel alive again. I also have vowed to myself to always bring color to my face no matter what age I become. So many older ladies forget to put their lips on, or wear even the slightest touch of makeup. They look so sad, colorless and blank. Why I ask, why. Will I become this way? I truly hope not. To look blank and lifeless, who wants this? Not I. I have often told my Daughters I will be the eccentric old lady who everyone around takes notice of, either because of my ageless beauty or even the crazy way of dressing I may choose. Velvet and old Lace for me please. My Mother swears one day I too will wear the elastic pants and put aside the makeup as she has. Mother I do love you and you are beautiful. I don’t think this to be Me.

For I am Vain, and Vanity will be My Name.

Eccentric old lady

Who will you become?

No comments:

Post a Comment