My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Monday, July 5, 2010

Celebration

The Good Hostess,
The Fourth of July Celebration was underway. Once the few who RSVP finally arrived a few hours late, the celebrating could begin. If you are Family and for reasons beyond your control you are unable to attend you will be present in one form or another. The festivities were arranged oh so nice and inviting, at least I thought. Tablets for writing a letter to our Soldier and a box for care package contribution. Although no-one contributed to the latter not knowing what to bring Mom had a few items ready to be sent, only one important item left Smokes, Please says the Soldier Son. Marlboro Smoothes, it is coming right up then this package can be shipped.4th 2010 fabric flowers garments 041  4th 2010 fabric flowers garments 043 Everyone took a tablet and pen, stickers were available to build a story around in case you couldn’t think of what to write. Off to the deck we went to write our letters. A good drink helps you focus with clarity.4th 2010 fabric flowers garments 067 Received letters from all Family members on this day of Independence, Soldier Son will be so happy to receive them. Now the real fun, it was such a hot day in the upper 80s sitting outside was a little grueling but the grandbabies stayed cool in their new pool.4th 2010 fabric flowers garments 064 I think the dog wanted to take a dip as well. The last guest arrives and to my surprise it is getting oh so late.Which didn’t take long for the party started late. Time for the cooking to begin. It didn’t matter how prepared I seemed, there were fixings still to put together. As everyone enjoyed each other I was being the good hostess. When will I learn and how do I settle for the fun I seem to be left out of  because I am the Hostess. In the end the eats were nothing short of delicious!!

Menu: marinade top roast cooked grill side, homemade Mac and Cheese, Baked Beans, My Mothers egg, tomato, lettuce salad with miracle whip dressing. Focaccia bread, Cole slaw brought by the guest. Chocolate cake with chocolate ganache for dessert. Corn on the cob, last minute cooked in microwave.

When dinner was over I had help cleaning up. The Man and teacher Daughter took care of this task for me. Very Nice of them to help. I for one reason or another never quite got in the groove of the rest of the evening. I found it hard to break into the already established conversations, being removed from them because of my Hostess duties. I was left wanting. I am sure it was all me and can only place the blame there. I hope I was The Good Hostess, and my guest and Family had fun, for I now want to be the guest so I can enjoy the festivities as well, doing nothing but enjoying the event at hand. I do Thank all of You for humoring me and coming to this event.

I THANK YOU, and hopefully Soldier Son THANKS YOU  for your letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment