My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Simplistic Beauty

On July 13 which happened to be Teacher Daughters birthday I received a call from her, after she had viewed her birthday song video I sent via phone video. I just love all this new technology. Her call was a Thank You for the song and an invite to visit the Franklin Conservatory with her and her boyfriend that day. What a treat for me it wasn’t even my day but hers and she wanted to share this with me. Our Family has lived in Ohio for 16 years and this is a place I have often talked about visiting with the Man. It isn’t his sort of thing so I could never hook him into going. The theme at the conservatory is based on carnivorous plants filled with acrylic and glass installations by Chihuly, another medium I have wanted to view. Camera in hand off to the Conservatory we headed. So exciting. Upon entering we were beheld with glass beauty.conservatory with kt 004It appears as if  foreign objects are growing right out of the wall. On with the tour of many rooms, inside and out. The rain did not keep us indoors, we viewed it all. From the giant Venus Fly Trapconservatory with kt 028 to the cacti room which held  alien conservatory with kt 018looking plants. I was so happy to have brought along my camera, all the beauty of simple plants were beginning to inspire me to put brush to canvas, along with the Chihuly glass installation. Some of the plants, I have seen for purchase in our garden centers as household plants. Wow, I thought, I should buy of few to grow for myself. I was so enthralled I took shots close up in order to capture the smallest details and have a composition ready for canvas for when that time arose. Like the beauty in this Hibiscus, or the  conservatory with kt 051leather looking leaf I shot from up close. conservatory with kt 054

I would have to say my favorite of all would have to be the glass installation of giant glass balls placed in water. The way I captured the shot it appears as if the balls are actually floating down a river.conservatory with kt 038

What a great day I had sharing this with my Art Teacher Daughter on her birthday. Inspired to be creative. Hopefully, soon we will join hands, get the acrylic paints and canvas out and have a day of Art.

Thank You Teacher Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment