My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Monday, November 15, 2010

A New Week

I don’t think I have ever been so happy to see a week end as I was on Saturday. Some of the clients who frequent the http://drycleaningstationcolumbus.com are old and grumpy, some are down right hard to please and come in with a shell so hard it is nearly impossible to break thru.3d_woman_mad_hg_wht Yes, dear customer the sleeves I altered on your silk jackets without stabilizer, because the manufacturer did not do it that way either, does not look good after the presser blew too much steam thru it. I should have gone with my gut instinct when shortening your sleeves and stabilized them.  But I ask you, really, really, thread color on your other two garments aren’t satisfactory? (one shade lighter and in an area never to be seen.) I also did not cut a hole in your garment,and I will not replace this jacket, the trim which is giving your fabric texture and pattern was not finished to keep from unraveling, it happens to be a manufacturers defect. I will however mend it, but do not be surprised if this happens again in other areas of this garment.These are the things I would have loved to explain to her, had I been given the opportunity. I was not. The customer spoke only to the Manager, he knows nothing about sewing or alterations and told her all the wrong things. I am not sure why she didn’t come and speak directly to me ever. Maybe she knew she was being just a tiny bit nit picky? Or maybe she just didn’t like me, it seemed as if she was going out of her way to avoid me. That’s okay if she did. I believe in everything I do and if I make an error I will be the first to point it out and correct it. I would have handled this situation in a different manner, apologizing (which I did only by phone in order to get her back to the store) and quite possibly refunding some of the charges in order to please the customer for future business. Well, you know what? Customers like this I don’t need or want. When all is said and done, with Miss Picky Pickerton, you wind up making no money and spend a lot of time trying to please someone who can’t be pleased. I know people like this it is never good enough.

So on with the new week at hand, for last week and that customer is behind me. Even though the sun is not shining and the weather is now cold, the redos have been delivered and new alterations with hopefully happy grateful customers will be taken care of this week with Care and Pride.

The mottos at http://drycleaningstationcolumbu.com is Located at the Corner of Care and Satisfaction. My motto: Within Reason for Care is always Given.

1 comment:

  1. Deep Breaths. It takes time to win over new people. I am sure in six months all of the crazies will be gone, and people will appreciate your hard work. I am very proud of you! Love you, mama!

    ReplyDelete