My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

God’s Gift

Cali trip, Easter and more 053God gave me the gift of the love from my children, and a Man who is the best Father and husband he can be. Believe me, we are a handful at times with big personalities. I was honored with the company of my oldest and youngest daughter on Mother’s Day along with my cutie granddaughters. I spent the morning uncovering gifts hidden about from the Man. Each gift I stumbled upon was a true surprise and unexpected. Started out with reaching for a cup for coffee only to find a box of Ghirardelli chocolates, and ended with several gifts of jewelry, each placed about the house to find as I cleaned and baked a cake for the day. My favoritemy phone 092, this lovely sterling silver with a turquoise resin base. Jewelry is always a nice gift and I love contemporary casual designs. My gifts started coming two days before. I arrived home to find a package from Cali girl, a framed picture (holding it in upper pic) along with a lovely picture card awaiting inside. Later that night a doctor client pleaded to stop by for a quick fitting. Knock, knock, I answer the door, there she stands holding a gift. Cali girl had set up for her to deliver this gift to me.I had wondered why my Cali girl seemed so desperate to contact her. Too funny, and so sweet of her to take time out for me on a Friday night. Inside the gift bag she delivered was a gift certificate for Botox or whatever cosmetic procedure of my choosing. I have yet to use this gift. I am patiently waiting till Cali girl can come home for a visit, hopefully in November so she can view in person the results. I am really not vain but as we age, why not, every girl needs a little tune up and these procedures do not last long, so I wait for her visit. I miss my Cali girl daily. 

The cake baked and frosted all from scratch waited begging to be eaten. Cherry cordial devils food with maraschino cherry frosting. Yummy. The youngest daughter planned dinner and was not allowing me to cook. Her gift to me.

 

my phone 098

Dinner first, daughter dear  my phone 097then we will let them eat cake. It is sad though I have racked my brain and I can not remember the meal prepared for me this day. I remember making out the grocery list for the Man to fetch so we could have this dinner, but poof, gone out of my head. The cake however was scrumptious.

Time to relax and allow others to pamper me. This is a hard task, for I tend to take the lead and control these events. Glass of wine? I thought, yes please, and then I spied the remnants left from Soldier son’s previous visit.my phone 093Dude vodka, a lemon lime flavored vodka, had to have a glass just for him, poured and uploaded photo to his phone letting him know he was present with me. I just can’t help myself doing these little things in hopes of making me feel better not having all my loves present at these special times. It truly helps me and warms my heart keeping the sadness at bay. It doesn’t matter if anyone else finds it endearing or funny, for i laugh to myself and at times outloud.

Gifts Momma,(as the grandbabies call me at times still learning grandma as my name, for sometimes they even call me Mom.) You may think I am crazy, but the best gifts inCali trip, Easter and more 054 my mind are the things you need and keep intending to buy but for some reason you use this money for things that are not a necessity. My oldest often gets frustrated when helping me in the kitchen, knives are not sharp, glass measuring cups no longer have readable lines for they are faded. Need I say this was her gift to me? Utensils I needed to replace and some I have always wanted to buy. Cali trip, Easter and more 058

I was so tickled, some of the items were just too funny, for I had always wanted to buy a few she purchased and never did.

So, we had good eats, good company, phone calls from those who could not be with us.

I cherish these moments, for as time goes by and my children's lives change as their children get older my moments with them will become different. I know this, for my Mother’s Mom day has changed as far as the things I do now from years in the past. It doesn’t help I live in another State and our relationship is in a different dimension. I love you Mom, sorry if I disappoint,  you are special to me, for you are my Mom as I will always be my adult children’s Mom. We only have one Mom who remains the Mom, Matriarch, glue that binds, holding Families together.

A child's love is the Greatest Gift of All Cherish This

The end of May hits hard with heat from hell and a Brother’s visit which turns into a 2.5 week stay, story to come. Hope you stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment