My Life. Past, Present and Future

My photo
Hilliard, oh., United States

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Guilty Surprise

This past Sunday the Man and I were sitting in a restaurant having brunch talking about my new shop away from home and the work load I have had of late. To my surprise the Man said to me, “You have been working so hard, around the clock, you should take some money and buy something for yourself, something you have been wanting for a long time. I am not talking about just a few dollars for clothes buying either.” I ask him what it would be. He informed me that I have been wanting a laptop and it would and could be handy for the operation of this business venture and that is what I should look into buying. My jaw dropped, “Really I asked we have the monies for that?” Things have been a little tight for the past year and a half. But now that I am in total control and all the alterations and repairs of the http://drycleaningstationcolumbus.com and monies collected are coming my way this means bigger checks, for the percentage with the deal worked out has also increased.fistfull of money This is exciting, for you know I have had this desire for a very, very long time to be a shop owner. Christmas is also just around the corner along with a wedding the same month in California. The income increase is coming just in time. When the Man throws you a bone like this, you have to jump on it or it may not materialize and the thought just tossed aside. Off to the store we headed after our delectable brunch. The only glitch, he persuaded me not to buy the tablet laptop touchsmart tm2I have desired, he didn’t feel I would get enough use at of it, plus the retailer we visited doesn’t even stock it for me to take a look at. (They use this laptop on Project Runway for designing and editing it is so sweet.) “Just hook up the corel pen tablet you have if you want to draw.” the Man said.  The Man knows very little about these things. I wanted a laptop so I said okay you are probably right. I am here to say though within the next few years I will have one. Getting my feet wet first with the typical laptop without the bells and whistles. So home we went with this purchase paid for with cash, again a surprise to me. Our finances must be getting better. Before I went to bed that evening it occurred to me what we had done. OMG I said out loud, we need to return this I have made a promise of monies to someone else I have forgotten about. So I picked up the phone the next day and apologized for my forgetfulness and spoke to the Man that evening but both agreed it was a purchased well deserved and the monies promised would be found and sent on its’ way shortly. Whew! This is my nature at times, Guilt from pleasure. Like when I bought a Coach purse I felt I deserved then became guilt ridden for spending $400 on just a purse. I was convinced to keep this purchase as well.

In the end it truly is the recognition of the hard work and long hours spent trying to make this living with my talents, that is Rewarding, not the material things it can bring me. They are nice to have though and the thought of others wanting them for me even nicer.

A big Thank You to all I Love and Cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment